Sean Knox wrote:

> I was actually heading towards my CCIE, but after getting my CCNP, I am
> content with that for now and and getting more experience (fortunately I am
> not some new wide-eyed kid in the field and have been doing this awhile).
> Congrats on your decision to pursue your MBA and I wish you luck.

I made a similar decision myself within the last few weeks.  I had
planned on pursuing my CCIE-Security, but realize that I don't work
enough with Cisco products on a daily basis, and certainly not with
routing in a complex way, to feel that I would deserve the cert, even
if I attained it.  I'm going back to school for my MS in CS, starting
classes in June.

I think in the long run, an advanced degree is more of a benefit than
an advanced vendor cert.  But thats just me.