Group,

Agree and inline with the plan for MBA. One thing which I wanted to add
is after MBA too one has to start at not so high salaries and
perks(hardly as what CCIE gets nowadays also). The best skills lies
within people who do Technical for years and then shift the focus to
Business consultant. So you start as Engineer, Technical conultant,
Manager, Business consultant, GM and so on. Any additions?

Regards, Kaushik Khakhar A >From: "nrf" >Reply-To: "nrf" >To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] >Subject: Re: MBA or CCIE [7:41809] >Date: Thu, 18
Apr 2002 14:37:51 -0400 > >""Drew"" wrote in message
> [...]
CCNP, I am > > > content with that for now and and getting more
experience (fortunately I >am > > > not some new wide-eyed kid in the
field and have been doing this >awhile). > > > Congrats on your decision
to pursue your MBA and I wish you luck. > > > > > > > I made a similar
decision myself within the last few weeks. I had > > planned on pursuing
my CCIE-Security, but realize that I don't work > > enough with Cisco
products on a daily basis, and certainly not with > > routing in a
complex way, to feel that I would deserve the cert, even > > if I
attained it. I'm going back to school for my MS in CS, starting > >
classes in June. > > > > I think in the long run, an advanced degree is
more of a benefit than > > an advanced vendor cert. But thats just me. >
>Exactly. Especially later in your life. Fiddling with Cisco boxes might
be >cool now, but do you still want to be doing that when you're 50?
Probably >not, you probably want to be sitting in a director's chair
ordering other >young guys to set up the systems. It's hard to win
promotion to that chair >without an advanced education. > > > > >Message
Posted at: >http://www.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=41850&t=41809