Group,

Sorry to be a little late to the topic, but I've not kept up lately :-)

About 1 year ago I left a company that provided a TAC for Cisco, I don't
know if alot of people
know it or not, but Cisco outsources alot of the TAC support. When I worked
at the TAC we were rated
on two things, the number of cases closed and our Bingo Score. The Bingo
score is you average rating from
the surveys each of you have gotten when a case is closed. They're were
small monetary rewards for having
the highest number of closed cases accompanied by the number of High 5 Bingo
scores you had received. BTW, a HIGH 5
Bingo is when a customer gave you all 5's on the survey.

What happens alot is the lesser quality engineers who have been lazy all
month, all of a sudden get serious
at the end of the month realizing they don't have the cases closed numbers
and start taking and immediately closing
the cases, only to have them reopened later by another engineer, eventually
this catches up to the person but it went
on alot more frequently that it should have.

Another thing that happens for instance, the team I worked on initially
supported the 1600-3600 Routers for ISDN,
Frame-Relay, NAT, Access-lists, and other general purpose IOS issues. In the
span of a week, management said you
will start getting 700 router cases, my team got about 1 hour's worth of
training and then were charged with solving 700
cases, of course the 700 router is a completely different IOS which took a
little while to get use to.

I suspect that's what happened, a team was given a new techonology to
support, received little training and then were
asked to start solving cases and maintain the same Bingo Scores, etc....

The reason I left the TAC I worked for was monetary, the pay was low, but
the experience was invaluable.

Hope this helps.

Stephen Manuel