I think most of our disagreement is over semantics.  There is one thing you
said that took me a minute to figure out, but here is my hypothesis.

"there are guys who are passing the lab without any experience (which is not
necesarily a problem, but when they start demanding outlandish salaries,
then that is a problem)."

I think this boils down to an example of capitalism.  We have an experienced
CCIE called nrf and a "labrat" CCIE called labrat1.

Labrat1 tells people that interview him he wants 200,000, because he passed
his CCIE.  The employers all turn him down.  Labrat1 has unrealistic
expectations and there is enough of a supply the employers can wait or find
someone else.  Poor labrat1 can go back to crimping cable and getting coffee
for nrf or accept there offer for a mere 80,000.  Why is this a problem for
you?  I didn't really understand it until I realized what happens when the
supply of labrats goes down.

Nrf convinces Cisco to make the tests more difficult so poor labrat1 can't
pass and there are 3,000 CCIEs in the world instead of 10,000.  Nrf goes to
get a job and says I want 200,000.  The company hires him, because poor
labrat1 is crimping cable.  Nrf makes more money when labrat1 can't pass the
exam.

If this isn't true then why do you care if labrat1 gets a job or not?  How
does that affect you?

"Whether you want to call them the 'L' word or whatever you want to call it,
it doesn't matter, it's just words.  If you think the 'L' word is pejorative
and you want to call them something else, fine.  So using or not using the
'L' word in not going to change the fact that people really are passing the
lab without experience."

I think alot of us don't have a choice.  If you don't have a job that
provides alot of Cisco experience, you probably have a hard time finding one
that does.  I don't see why I should be looked down on for that.