Whadda ya mean remember?  We still have them and we have to support them as
well as TR, Ethernet , SNA, Cisco,IP,Cabletron, Coax, etc.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 12:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Logic and "Lab Rats" [7:44653]

Do you remember Mainframe systems??? Do you remember LU and PU and logic
controllers?? Do they all work the same as IP networks or VOIP and IP
telephony networks?
Do you know all the traffic in your data network??? You seem to be bitter
about something. Do you want someone with 20 years experience Appling a
network change without testing out first in a lab environment??? Last but
certainly not least, how many mainframe guys know IP networking. You provide
me a listAnswer is very few. Many PBX or Telecomm Engineer knows VOIP or IP
Telephony??  Answer is very few. Giving me dates when things start is like
tell me that we still need to go print a circuit board for two days and use
tubes, diodes, and transistors, instead a sing microprocessor.

Finally, There are many people with 20 years of experience who feel that
they dont need to learn new technologies and therefore still trying fight
progress. We do not know every thing out there but at least we can try to be
knowledge as possible.

 You need to be more appreciative of people who want to be the best. Be
weather it be CCIE or Cissp. They have to study just like any other
professional. If my doctor doesnt put in at least 100 hours of training and
giving me a diagnostic, I will sue his pants off.

Stop being an idiot