I'm with you 100% on this. I said that bit swapping is as easy as writing
your name backwards. Maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, so to speak,
because you do have to do hex to binary and back, but only for a four-digit
binary number. So it's as easy as writing your name backwards in Pig Latin.

If people don't find it that easy, they should start with CCNA (or a basic
math class or a "how do computers work" class). There's nothing wrong with
that.

If people can really get CCIE despite finding this difficult, or only
because they memorized some charts, I'd be surprised. Don't waste time
trying for CCIE. Start with the basics. That would be my advice anyway.

Priscilla

At 05:19 PM 5/23/02, Michael L. Williams wrote:
>"Priscilla Oppenheimer"  wrote in message
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > If this seems mysterious or difficult to apply in a generic fashion to
any
> > hex representation of a byte, then it's not time yet to go for CCIE.
>
>Thank you for verifying my feelings about this.  As you may, or may not,
>have seen the conversations on this topic of late,  I may have stepped on
>peoples toes a bit with my attitude toward learning binary, but i still
>stand by what I said...... (which, in case you missed out (LOL), was "Learn
>binary..... computers are binary..... networks are binary....  this is not
>rocket science!!"  =)
>
>Mike W.

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com