"This particular address is one that I don't recognize though. It may be
used for a proprietary (non-standard) function on the Token Ring side."

4000.xxxx.xxxx addresses are often used for mainframe connectivity - TIC
addresses, APPN end nodes, etc.  I don't know whether there is any
particular reason for this, but it seems to be a fairly widespread
convention.

JMcL
----- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 24/05/2002 08:59 am -----

"Priscilla Oppenheimer"
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
24/05/2002 03:17 am
Please respond to "Priscilla Oppenheimer"