The JNCIE is a difficult exam, however it is quite realistic.  Hence, if
you use Junipers in service provider networks and are familiar typical SP
configurations, you should have a decent shot at it.   The written test
itself was designed to be fairly challenging and to compliment the lab and
I do recall it being more technically deep than the CCIE written. However,
it is also much more focused on a few topics so the increased technical
depth makes sense.

Pete

At 10:39 PM 5/27/2002 -0400, John Neiberger wrote:
>I've heard that the JNCIE (Juniper) cert is unbelievably difficult.  I've
>also heard it said that both their written and lab exams are considerably
>more difficult than the CCIE.  This may no longer be true once Cisco rolls
>out the final version of the new written exam, though.  It looks like a
>bear!
>
>John

But
> > it's certainly not a totally unreasonable claim.  Only one that is not a
> > paper cert?  Hardly.  Try doing a little more research.
> > However, if you substitute "Cisco" for "networking" in your original
> > sentence, it looks far more accurate.
> >
> > Cisco is not the only player, or even the only significant player, in the
> > networking game.
> >
> > JMcL
> >

> > ----- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 28/05/2002 08:39 am -----
> >

> > "Wes Stevens"
> > Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > 27/05/2002 11:40 pm
> > Please respond to "Wes Stevens"
> >

> >         To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >         cc:
> >         Subject:        Re: How do I approach the company about my CCIE
> > [7:40261]
> > Is this part of a business decision process?:
> >

> > If you look at Cisco over the last 18 months compared to it's competitors
> > it
> > has done well. It's sales have dropped much less then most other
> > networking
> > companies and they have actually gained market share in all major areas.
> > The
> > major telco's built out way too fast and the growth did not come like
they

> > expected. But on the enterprise side companies took it a lot slower. This
> > economy is starting a slow recovery. Next year things will pick up. It
> > will
> > never be like 1999 as you say, but we will get back to the point where
> > there
> > will be plenty of jobs.
> >
> > A CCIE is still the highest networking cert and the only one that is not
> >
> > paper cert. We have seen a lot more numbers comming out these days, but
> > Cisco doubled the number of lab seats in San Jose and RTP back in March.
> > Add
> > to that the one day lab and Sat and Sun testing and there are a lot more
> > people taking the test. Cisco keeps track of the passing percent and will
> > adjust the challenge of the lab if necessary. The other thing is we
> > probably
> > will see major changes in the lab before the end of the year. When they
> > get
> > rid of token ring who knows what goodies they will replace it with. It
> > will
> > take a while for the boot camps to adjust their programs to the new
topics

> > and the candidates that take the self study route will be searching for
> > ways
> > to cover the new material. There will be a big slow down for a while at
> > that
> > point.
> >

> > I guess my point is I do not see the value of the CCIE going the way of
> > the
> > microsoft certs. Thing will get better next year and the demand for
CCIE's