Wayne,

I would suggest disabling NAT on the PIX and performing your NAT on the
router.  This eliminates the problem of not knowing what packets originate
from the servers.  Then, setup Policy-Based Routing (PBR) on the router.
You didn't post your config, so I assume you have 2 legal addresses, one
from each ISP and you don't have your own address space.  If you want to
setup inbound services you'll have to setup static NAT on the router for the
services you want to allow.  For outbound the PBR it's pretty simple:

int s 0
 interface to T1

int e 0
  interface to DSL

int
 ip policy route-map test

access-list 100  any

route-map test permit 10
  match ip address 100
  set int s 0
route-map test permit 20

For outbound traffic packets from the servers will be sent out the T1 as
long as it is up, all other traffic will be forwarded normally.  You'll want
to set your routing so that the DSL line is the preferred path for all
traffic.  If the T1 goes down, the traffic from the servers will be sent out
the DSL.

Additional problems that I see are if your servers are to be accessible from
the Internet, you will need to have static translations setup for your
services on both the T1 and the DSL.  You can do this, but the issue becomes
name resolution and which address is returned to users on the Internet.
It's probably safer to just setup the translations for the T1 and leave it
at that. (you could play some games if you ran your own DNS, but things get
complicated pretty quickly)

You don't need the FFS on the router as long as everything is behind the PIX
(although it shouldn't hurt) and you don't need the link between the router
and the PIX to be have a public address space as long as you do the NAT on
the router.

Of course, you also will want to harden the Internet facing router if you
have not already done so.

One more thing, it's not really accurate to say the PIX "doesn't route".
People say this all the time and what they really mean is that the PIX
doesn't support routing protocols and some "fancy" routing techniques like
PBR.  However, the PIX does perform layer 3 forwarding based on its routing
table, this means, by definition, it is "routing".  It just doesn't have the
same features and functions for layer 3 forwarding that cisco routers have.
(this is kind of a nit, but saying the PIX doesn't route tends to confuse
people)

HTH,
Kent