From: Wayne Jang [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 1:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Pix don't route [7:46356]

Hi,

The Pix don't route, but can I do this?

I have a 2 server 20 user small office.

I have a Pix 506 sitting in front of a 2621 with a T1 and a DSL link to
the Internet.  I'm not looking to load balance or even do redundancy.  I
just want traffic from the servers to use the T1 and I want traffic from
the users to use DSL.  I could use access-lists on the 2621 to direct
the traffic based on source address, but how will the 2621 know where
the traffic came from?  Won't all traffic have a source address of the
Pix outside interface?  What if I Nat the servers(on PIx) so that they
will appear to have a different source IP than the users who will be
behind the global outside address?  I'll need more public addresses, but
that would be fine.

I can't get any help from Cisco Pre-Sales because they aren't sure.  I
can't get an engineer that knows more than me (not much).

My fall back plan is to only use the 2621 and have a firewall IOS.  But
I would rather use the Pix, especially because we have already quoted
the above solution and are working to save face.

Thanks

--
Wayne Jang
Advanced Computer Technologies, Inc.