Actually, if you're running Native IOS on your 6500s (which many HUGE
corporations are now doing because of how redundancy is handled and besides
it's like having a 280+port router =), then there is really a minimal
differents in the 6500 and 3550 commands.  They're both IOS, so no
diff......

As far as Content Switching Module..... I gotta say..... who cares?  Knowing
L2/L3 switching is the most important in setting up a network and in the
lab.... not "Layer 7" switching......  (although it does appear that Content
Networking is covered as part of the CCIE Communications & Services)

Not trying to dog you out or anything, but I think the 3550 will make an
excellent low-cost replacement for 5000s in the CCIE lab (instead of the
extra cost of throwing in a 6509 or something... that's a bit overkill for a
lab rack).  And a 3550 will FINALLY force people to start using IOS commands
for L2 switching configuration and hopefully CatOS will completely die as a
result of this change in the lab.  (please no flames from the CatOS
proponents... )

Mike W.