From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 9:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Not on;y is TR going... [7:46391]

I don't know about this thing.
What is the real throughput I wonder.
It says 24Gbbs switching fabric but I can't find a place where is says  "X
Gbbs throughput"
Has anyone really ever tested one of these puppies?  I would like to know
if it can really take a beating without losing packets.
And this thing can't do IDS!  Why O why did they choose this thing?  How
about the Content Swiching Module?  Does it have anything like this?  I am
looking at the page now and can't see anything promising.  Man was someone
sniffing acid when they suggested the switch and it wasn't IDS???

I would like to know if anyone has any experience with this with like 10
1-gig copper connections, all intensive traffic flows between various
servers.  I know the 6509 can take the pain without too much trouble.  Can
the 3550 really perform????

Theo

"Mark Odette II"
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]