Hi Priscilla,

I have actually had this scenario (multiple times), but due to the Telco's
misconfiguration.
Specifically we were expecting b8zs/esf. Unfortunately I can't confirm
which was configured incorrectly, but I can confirm that going through
all of the different combinations available at the router you will
get all combinations on the serial interface (up/up, down/up and down/down).

I can also confirm, you will not establish connectivity, regardless. I
believe
either b8zs/esf or sf/ami are the only valid combinations. At least that is
all I've
ever worked with.

Hope this helps,
-TV

""Priscilla Oppenheimer""  wrote in message
> Hi Group Study,
>
> While writing some questions for a practice test, I found myself
> questioning what I thought was the right answer. Here's the scenario:
>
> A Cisco router serial interface is correctly connected with a good V.35
> cable to the data port on the DSU side of a CSU/DSU. The CSU/DSU has been
> misconfigured for the framing method (SF instead of ESF). The framing
> doesn't match what the provider is using. (The question refers to a
CSU/DSU