From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Priscilla Oppenheimer
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 5:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: serial interface down/down or up/down [7:47101]

Hi Group Study,

While writing some questions for a practice test, I found myself
questioning what I thought was the right answer. Here's the scenario:

A Cisco router serial interface is correctly connected with a good V.35
cable to the data port on the DSU side of a CSU/DSU. The CSU/DSU has been
misconfigured for the framing method (SF instead of ESF). The framing
doesn't match what the provider is using. (The question refers to a CSU/DSU
that is external to the router, not one that is built into the router.)

Will the Cisco router serial interface be down/down or up/down?

And, would the answer be any different if the question has to do with
misconfiguring the encoding (AMI versus B8ZS)?

If you have real-world experience with this, that would help. I have read
the Cisco documentation and the troubleshooting charts, etc.

Thanks

Priscilla

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com