Cisco Breaker wrote:
> Did you disable spanning tree or used portfast on the ports
> which are connected to clients.

Yes.  In my original post, I tried to be as informative as possible, there's
always something that gets left out.  Being a Novell shop (but not much
longer!) we put portfast on all ports going to servers/clients.

Here is the config of one of the ports on the 6509B that's having the issue:

interface FastEthernet6/4
 no ip address
 duplex half
 speed 10
 switchport
 switchport mode access
 spanning-tree portfase

I've toyed with speed/duplex, etc and nothing makes a difference...

However, I did find out something interesting.  While using the SPXping
utility, I found that I can *not* "ping" from the affected machine and get a
response, but if I use SPXping on another machine, I can indeed get a "ping"
response from the affected machine.

Strange..... Thanks for your input!

Mike W.