Michael,

  Shot in the dark - I've seen very strange issues like this with trunk
mismatches.  You've probably got a trunk between the two switches.  Make
sure your native VLANs match, make sure that every VLAN permitted on the
trunk is permitted on both sides.  On a similar vein, all trunk ports should
have similar characteristics (I go with 100, full, desirable trunking,
desirable channeling; regardless, just make sure it's the same both sides)

  Also, if you've got links bundled, try bringing down one of the links for
a bit, then try the other(s).  Switches load balance via MACs, if you've got
a uni-directional link or something, packets from the same machine will
usually transit the same wire every time - physical port/cable problems
might appear to be associated with only certain machines because of this.

  Best guess for now.  Good luck!
  --Wes