Wes,

Thanks for your reply.  As you can imagine I've been through the ringer so
far with this one.... =)

We checked all of the trunks for native VLAN, speed, duplex, etc...  All
checks out.  This is also supported by the fact that IP works fine (all IP
routing for VLAN1 is handled by the RSM in the 5513, which means anything
plugged into 6509A or 6509B that leaves the IP subnet must travel those
trunk links to hit the RSM and get routed.

One interesting note:  In an attempt to find out anything new, I took a Dell
desktop with integrated NIC, etc (my test machines and the machines having
the problem so far have been IBM 300PL with integrated NIC), and when the
Dell is connected to 6509B (the one with the "problem") it boots and gets
the Novell login, which automatically points to the hardware or the image on
that IBM.  However, that same IBM, when connected to 6509A works fine, which
kinda discounts that theory.

I'm going crazy here!!

Another interesting thing to note:  If I connect the PC (the IBM) to a 2900,
then connect the 2900 to 6509B, the client still doesn't receive the Novell
login.  However, if I connect the PC to a hub and connect the hub to 6509B
then the PC boots and gets the Novell login everytime.

I gotta be missing something......  I watched the 'sho mac int fas'
closely and upon booting the IBM's MAC address isn't seen by the switch for
12-15 seconds after you see "Starting Windows 95".  The MAC address on the
Dell becomes visible within about 3 seconds after "Starting Windows 95".
However I'm sure part of that can be attributed to the fact the IBM is a
200MHz -vs- 900MHz on the Dell (and the Dell I'm sure has newer faster
drives, etc)

But everytime I start to form a theory about something to do with the PC, my
co-worker goes "Yeah, but it works on the other 6509".... and everytime I
form a theory that it could be something wrong with 6509B he goes, "Yeah,
but the Dell works on it"...... I can't win!!!

Thanks again to all who have replied.......

Mike W.