Comment below,

At 04:18 AM 7/10/2002 +0000, John Brandis wrote:
>I have the following error whilst playing with OSPF
>
>12:52:40: %OSPF-4-ERRRCV: Received invalid packet: mismatch area ID, from
>backbone area must be virtual-link but not found from 10.1.4.20, Ethernet0
>
>I have 2 routers, Router A and Router B, back to back. Able to get the 2
>connected, however when I
>(Router A)
>router ospf 20
>network 10.1.10.0 0.0.0.0 area 20

The network statement in the case of OSPF is simply a filter which is
applied to the set of active interfaces which allows the router to select
which interfaces will participate in OSPF and in which area they will
reside.  The mask portion is an inverse mask which a binary 1 is a wildcard
and a 0 requires a match.  In this case, you have the router looking for a
10.1.10.0/32 interface address which likely doesn't exist.

Try specifying the interface addresses themselves, or change your mask to
0.0.0.255 assuming you want to match addresses inside the /24 boundary.

When troubleshooting OSPF, it is useful to first ensure that you have the
correct interfaces active in ospf using a "show ip ospf int".  From there,
check your adjacencies using "show ip ospf adj".  Beyond that, check your
OSPF database using "show ip ospf data" and look for type 1 LSA's (router)
for every router in the area.  Finally, check your routing table for the
set of OSPF routes you are expecting.

Pete