You can argue about the technical merits of Windows vs. UNIX all you want,
but you must admit that perception is a powerful force.  Whether something
happens to be reliable or unreliable or whatever, and for whatever reason,
if people in the industry think that something is unreliable and hear from
others that it is unreliable, then for all practical purposes, it is
effectively unreliable.  Perception can often trump reality, particularly on
the sell-side of things.

So the point is, when Cisco says that it has based its soft-PBX on Windows,
that just provides yet another reason for a customer not to buy it (along
with the well-known other reasons not to buy VoIP like poor-quality calls,
expensive phones, etc.)