Some processing supposedly should take place without causing a CPU
interrupt. For example, fast switching, if you can believe some
descriptions, doesn't interrupt the CPU.

Perhaps a high usage consumed by interrupts implies that a lot of traffic
isn't being fast switched (or express forwarded).

I can't say for sure though.

Priscilla