bergenpeak wrote:

> When one does a "show process cpu", one is shown the overall information
> and then the breakdown per process.
>
> It's my understanding that the information shown on the summary line,
> specifically for the 5 sec information ("30%/24%"), shows the total
> CPU utilization and that which has been consumed handling interrupts.
> In the above snipet, the CPU was operating at 30% utilization over
> the last 5 seconds.  A total of 24% of the overall utilization in the
> last 5 seconds was handling interrupts (or at least that's my
> understanding)
        [snip]
Here's one more article to add to the reading list on this topic:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/63/highcpu.html

  Marty Adkins                     Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Chesapeake NetCraftsmen, LLC     o:410.757.3050,
p:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  1290 Bay Dale Drive, Suite 312   http://www.netcraftsmen.NET
  Arnold, MD  21012-2325           Cisco CCIE #1289