Paul, as a survivor of the brokerage industry, where something similar
happened about four years ago, I have to offer this gentle correction.

it is C10K, not C1K

The Dow was approaching 10,000 for the first time in history and there was a
tempest in a teapot about Dow10K system compatibility.

What I do believe is that all existing CCIE's should be renumbered to
reflect the five digit format. Maybe go to hex to preserve your existing
assignment

EG CCIE # 1025 become CCIE # A1025

the new pool become CCIE BXXXX

That should keep us all happy and customers rightfully confused for decades
to come.

Chuck

--

www.chuckslongroad.info

still  a  work in progress,
but on line for your enjoyment

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/625/ccie/ccie_program/ccie_present.html

> > > shows the number of CCIE's world wide as of 7/31/02
> > >
> > > The first CCIE number issued was 1025.  Over the years, some have
> retired,
> > > some have neglected to recertify ( including Jeff Doyle, last time I
> > > looked )
> > >
> > > So according to Cisco's numbers, on July 31 2002 there were 8031
active
> > > CCIE's.
> > >
> > > As a sidebar, Terry Slattery, CCIE 1026, tells how he was tested by
CCIE