Mike Martins wrote:

> Priscilla
> Thanks for that. Years in IP and I am clueless about IPX.
> Reason why I was using my own x.x.x was for a easy number to
> remember for the frame relay map statements on opposite ends.

Oh, that makes sense.

> (I looked at practise labs - that is what they wuz using)
> I am still befuddled why on one router it takes the command and
> on another it does not. Maybe I typed in 2.2.2 wrong.

They can't both be 2.2.2, you realize, don't you? In other words, two ends
of a serial link, which would both be on the same network number, can't both
use 2.2.2, because, if they did, they would have duplicate network-layer
addresses. You probably realize that...

Are both routers running the same version of IOS? Mabye they changed
something. You never know.

> Maybe I
> should try it more gently this time.
> Stuff this, I am moving onto the BGP lab tonight..

Sounds like a plan. BGP is way more important. ;-) Let us know what you find
out with the IPX issue. though. Thanks.

Priscilla Oppenheimer
www.troubleshootingnetworks.com
www.priscilla.com