I got the IPX network going between all routers, over frame relay etc etc no
problem. On the frame-relay map statements (opposite sides) I mapped to the
IPX/MAC address that the router had elected. Everything works, no worries. I
am not doing anything different, all routers were running default IPX RIP,
now disabled and all running IPX EIGRP.
I dont know why one router accepts a manual statement and another decides it
has got its own agenda. I tried shutting down all interfaces, deleting IPX
Routing and re entering a manual x.x.x. It remains stubborn.
I will spare you the configs, unless you wanna sift through trunks and
tunnels and exiting stuff like DLSW and a few of my improvized ISDN configs.
When I started with the IPX early this evening I did not have much config on
the routers anyway.

It is just a point of interest really, someone must know the answer.