At 7:11 PM +0000 9/30/02, nrf wrote:
>""Robert Edmonds""  wrote in message
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>>  In a large organization, I would recommend OSPF anyway.  It's generally
>>  considered to be more scalable the EIGRP.
>
>Well, shyeeet, if you REALLY want scalability in an IGP, then there's only
>one answer - ISIS.

When did you start trying to talk Texan?  Shee-yit is generally preferred.
"-)

ISIS is certainly more scalable in a stable, flat topology.  OSPF has
different scalability capabilities, admittedly more characteristic of
enterprises, but also potentially of POPs.

Today's OSPF has more capabilities for hot potato routing, selective
flooding, etc. ISIS is being extended (e.g., L1L2 routers) to do some
of these things, although certain aspects of both may go into MPLS.