""John Tafasi""  wrote in message
news:200211141056.KAA04663@;groupstudy.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have a cisco 2516 router with an ethernet interface. How can I find out
if
> this inteface is full duplex or half duplex?

plug it into a full duplex 100 mbs switch port and see if link occurs?

seriously, I believe all routers in the 25xx line are 10/half.

there is no report on speed and duplex on routers that I can find. show int
on a switch gives you a status

Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set
  Keepalive set (10 sec)
  Auto-duplex, Auto-speed

even on a router with a port that do duplex changes ( 3640 NM-4E )there is
no status.

I don't have access to a router with a port that permits speed and duplex
changes.so I can't compare.