Brett Johnson wrote:

> I am running a test on two 3660 routers with multiple CSU cards
> and
> cross-over t1 cables between the two routers.  I am unable to
> exceed 75%
> capacity on any t1 no matter how much data I pump into the
> router.

How are you measuring this?  The interface load?  Also, what are you pushing
at the routers?  Are you sure your source is generating what you think it
is?  What size of data blocks are you dealing with?  Are you seeing drops
due to the congestion that you should be creating?

> Below is
> a sample config for one of the interfaces, the rest are
> duplicates with
> different addresses:
>

> controller t1 1/0
>       framing esf
>       clock source internal
>       channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24 speed 64
>
> interface serial 1/0:0
>       ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0
>       encapsulation ppp
>       no ip route cache
>       no ip mroute cache
>
> ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 serial 1/0:0
>
> Is there a way to use the full bandwidth (CEF, 7200 router with
> CEF and
> multiport CSU, external CSUs...) or is this a limit of the
> hardware and
> setup?

There will be some TCP/IP/PPP overhead, but 25% sounds high.