In the last place I worked, rumour has it that one of my colleagues was
interviewed and thus obtained a UK visa on the basis of his CCIE, and
this later turned out to be written only.  HR departments / technical
management aren't always as rigorous as you may think :-)
If this is true then I think you could definitely say that it can be of
benefit.
rgds
Marc