""Brian""  wrote in message
> lying on a visa app, lovely...

I am shocked and amazed to learn that people lie on their resumes, their job
applications, their credit card applications, and their visa applications.

I am even more shocked and amazed to learn that those who process any of
this stuff never check the accuracy of any of the information provided.

what has become of this world......???????

> bri
>

> On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Marc Thach Xuan Ky wrote:
>
> > In the last place I worked, rumour has it that one of my colleagues was
> > interviewed and thus obtained a UK visa on the basis of his CCIE, and
> > this later turned out to be written only.  HR departments / technical
> > management aren't always as rigorous as you may think :-)
> > If this is true then I think you could definitely say that it can be of
> > benefit.
> > rgds
> > Marc
> >
> > Frank Jimenez wrote:
> > >
> > > Where I *have* seen it helpful is in specific cases where a company
was
> > > anticipating needing a CCIE-level applicant at a future date.
> > >
> > > So the following:
> > >
> > > CCIE Routing/Switching - Lab Scheduled 6/2003
> > >
> > > Might be helpful.  The CCIE written qualification alone hasn't helped
> > > anybody that I know of.
> > >
> > > Frank Jimenez, CCIE #5738
> > > Systems Engineer
> > > Cisco Systems, Inc.