From: Doug S [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 5:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Load balancing & NAT [7:60663]

I liked the comment and definitely agree that some of the authors of Cisco
training material should be named and publicly humiliated, although the
sheer volume of mistakes could make this a somewhat overwhelming task for
the public doing the humiliating. Still, I want to add my opinion that Cisco
documentation and training material is of a lot higher quality a lot of
what's out there, not to name names like MS Press or anything.

The reason I blindly accepted and posted that particular quote is because it
DOES match my personal experience, which, I admit is considerably less than
the other posters in this thread.  The only experience I have is in a lab on
2500's and 2600's running something around IOS 12.1(T).

I also want to point of that this behavior of only overloading the first
address in the pool sounds like exactly what the original poster is
experiencing.  The fact that Emilia's and my experience contradicts Peter's
and TLaWR makes me think that there are differences in how this works on
different platforms, as TJ suggests.

I'd also like to hear people's opinions on why my solution is a "horrible"
kludge, as opposed to just a plain old vanilla kludge.
privileged.  Access to this email by anyone other than the
intended addressee is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this
message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments,
and any copies thereof from your system.