This does NOT match my previous experience.  My experience has been that
IOS seems to use NAT (not overloaded) until all pool addresses are used
then start overloading the last one.  I dont know what happens once all
when this address gets maxed out.

The only reason we noticed this was due to the fact that we were running
port sentry on a number of unix hosts and noticed that periodically random
machines were being port scanned from outside our net (something that
should not be able to occur if PAT is being used). We finally tracked it
down to NAT (single outside IP to single inside IP) entries appearing in
our NAT translations tables on the router.

The only solution that we (or TAC) could come up with was to reduce the NAT
pool to a single IP.

                Peter Walker
                        CISSP, CCN[NID]P, CSS1, CIPPTS, etc