Cisco Newbie wrote:

> I have a question that has been bothering me.  If a packet
> traverses a
>
> L3 devices, does the sorce MAC changes?  When does/doesn't the
> source MAC address changes?
>
> thanks.

The source MAC changes everytime the IP packet moves through a L3 device.
Even in Multilayer Switching (MLS), where an Ethernet switch moves the
packet across L3 boundaries on behalf of the router, it re-writes the source
MAC to that of the router so it looks as if it traversed the router.  A L2
network is entirely self-contained.  There is no significance of a MAC from
on L2 network to another.