comments in-line:

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Kelly Cobean
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 7:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Does MLS (Layer 3 switching) require VLANs? [7:63147]

Priscilla,
    Ok, you caught me not telling the whole truth.  There is a second VLAN
on the switch, but my point was that the MLS cache is full of entries for
one host talking to another host off of the same VLAN interface but on a
secondary subnet, indicating that L3 switching (routing) took place for that
data-flow...So now I guess there are two hands clapping ;-)  You sure do
keep us all on our toes!!!  Thanks!
that's because packet switching between subnets using secondaries are
process-switched.

regards,
/vicky