Peter,

The current rumour for the Academy CCNP program is that Cisco is dropping
the 3 layer model and moving to a 2 layer model with L3 in the core for
the BCMS course.  I guess I'll find out for certain at Networkers in
Orlando, Fla. this June.

Prof. Tom Lisa, CCAI
Community College of Southern Nevada
Cisco ATC/Regional Networking Academy
"Cunctando restituit rem"

Peter van Oene wrote:

  At 11:05 AM 2/25/2003 +0000, Skarphedinsson Arni V. wrote:
  >In a Core-Distribution-Access Layer design, would you keep the Core
  L2 or
  >with high end L2/L3 switches such as the Cat6500 do you think it
  would be
  >better to do L3 in the core ?

  I personally haven't found the need to have a Distribution layer in
  most
  networks.  It's a model designed by vendors to sell boxes imho.

  Pete
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]