Thanks for all of the suggestions, however the request was to clear (or
revert to default) the prompt, not change it.  According to TAC, the only
way to accomplish this, on 4006 Sup II, is to clear the config and restore
the configuration after removing the "set Prompt" line.  See, this was
causing issues the Ciscoworks RME, but there is a patch to resolve this bug.
  Thanks for all of the input.

Good Day.