""Priscilla Oppenheimer"" wrote in message ...
> But as Howard has said, you can't really use the number and be an
> active CCSI unless you are currently employed at a Cisco Certified
> Learning Partner (or employed at Cisco itself.)

Cisco, CLP's, CLSP's (solutions partner) and ILP's (internal learning
partner).  I don't know if there are any ILP's, but say -- for
example, IBM wanted a bunch of in-house CCSI's to teach official
Cisco course material.  Of course, they would also have access to
buy the instructor and student material for the official courses.

If a company is spending greater than, say, a certain amount (ROI
in BE, NPV, etc) on training, it might be beneficial to move into
an ILP relationship with Cisco (of course, it's probably just as good
to move into a full CLP or CLSP relationship, I don't know all the
benefits/tradeoffs and Cisco doesn't have any information on even
how to start a CLP business or anything about ILP's on their website).

Also - to be a CLP, you might also be able to provide online learning
only, in which case you could probably still have your employees
get CCSI status, and never have them teach a classroom course
(although I don't see the point unless you just want the designation
for personal growth opportunities), thus avoiding expensive classrooms,
facilities, and lab equipment.

Check this url for more details on what CLP's/CLSP's are all about:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/learning/le31/le29/learning_about_learning_partne
rs.html

Claims 120 Learning partners, 1600 certified instructors WW.

-dre