> As others are saying, get the carrier involved. Do some loopbacks with
their
> help. (Do loopbacks still make sense with DS3? I've only worked with DS1).
> Regardless, I think you've done the requisite testing and swapping on your
> side. Time to hassle the carrier.

I haven't been reading groupstudy much lately so my appologies if this has
been suggested already.

One of the more simple ways to exact a loopback is to do a hardloop for this
environment with a short piece of coax.  Doing this against tx/rx of the PA
will allow you to send test pings with the link up.  Remember you'll need to
use an encap that doesn't require much of the far end, such as HDLC.  Use
this to test the PA and swap it out if needed.

You can use this same hard loop against the circuit as it enters one of your
prem's, but there are a variety of reasons why this wouldn't be preferred.
But in a pinch it can allow you to run across the far end without having
hands at both ends of the circuit.  Of course you'll need some way to reach
both routers outside of this circuit.

I didn't see any verification if you are running c-bit on the 7500 as well?

Best of Luck,
Darrell
Always looking for the next big project...
darrell (at) hayaitacos  net