Stephen,

Also, what has the carrier told you about this circuit?  Most
"carrier-class" transport equipment can report the types of errors being
incurred and where they first appear in the network.  For instance, coding
violations, framing errors/violations, simple FCS failure, etc.

Also, did your "receive frequency" correct to within +/-900 bps of 44.736
mbps on each end when you set the 7500 for internal clock?