Darrell,

I guess you're right about the T1.  Assuming that only about 1 mbps of true
throughput is achieved, 26 minutes is easily within the realm of
possibility.  I just downloaded a 4MB file over a T1 (and it's shared by
quite a number of folks).  It took 31 seconds.  Extrapolating, 200MB / 4MB =
50 x 31 sec = 1550 sec / 60 = ~26 min.

Huh!

Checking that math, 200MB = 208,715,200 bytes = 1,677,721,600 bits / 1 mbps
= ~1678 seconds / 60 = ~28 minutes.

Huh!

Tuning the TCP stack is always a good idea.  However, assuming your example
of 80ms RTT, here's where you should start having problems:

throughput = window size / RTT

throughput = ??
standard Microsoft window size = 65,536 bytes or 524,288 bits
RTT = 80ms or .08 sec

524,288 / .08 = 6,553,600

So up to ~6.5 mbps (w/ 80ms RTT), TCP flow control probably isn't an issue.
I think that's what you were saying.

But, as we all agree, that sucks for a T3.  Further indication that there's
a bottleneck somewhere beyond the immediate connectivity...