On Mar 22, 2005, at 8:05 AM, Dennis Davis wrote:

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Bart Silverstrim wrote:

From: Bart Silverstrim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ClamAV users ML <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 07:40:18 -0500
Subject: Re: [Clamav-users] Report Phishing attacks?

I believe this is what the commercial anti-virus company,
MessageLabs, does.  When I spoke to them a few years ago, they
had licenses for five anti-virus products.  Messages were fed
through the three they considered the best.

You're saying a commercial AV vendor is using competitor's AV products in addition to their own to protect their systems?

They aren't, as far as I'm aware, a commercial AV vendor. Instead they offer a managed email service which provides anti-virus and andti-spam facilities. See:

http://www.messagelabs.com/

for details.  Note that:

http://www.messagelabs.com/services/antivirus/detail/ default.asp#features

includes:

  Anti-Virus combines Skeptic's predictive technology with multiple
  commercial scanners to detect and combat against viruses entering
  and leaving your organization

Oops! My bad :-)

Thanks for the info!