> On November 16, 2007 at 10:14AM Christoph Cordes wrote:

> we thought a bit about this, and here's the solution that could
> satisfy everyone (TM):

Never going to happen!

> for clamd we could provide different configfiles, depending on the
> needs the user can choose between 3 - or more templates, like:

The more, the merrier!

> failsafe - most reliable
> standard - higher chance for a fp but also a better chance to catch
> bad stuff
> paranoid - detect everything ClamAV can detect - will raise a lot of
> fp for sure
>
> for clamscan we could provide this as switches
>
> The problem - you need to choose a template and copy it to the right
> location manually - new users need to read the manual to know about
> it - but that's not bad at all.

Hold on here. Are you stating that you expect users to actually RTFM? I think
you are expecting way too much.

> So, what do you think - is this a solution that would work for the
> majority ? It would also be helpful - if this is a solution you could
> agree one - if you make suggestions what to include in the different
> files.

Guaranteed, that someone will bitch. There is no plausible way that you can
conceivably please everyone. Just do what you have to do and let them rant on.

--
Gerard

solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If
you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, please delete it
immediately.

Obviously, I am the idiot who sent it to you by mistake. Furthermore, there is
no way I can force you to delete it. Worse, by the time you have reached this
disclaimer you have all ready read the document. Telling you to forget it
would seem absurd. In any event, I have no legal right to force you to take
any action upon this email anyway.

This entire disclaimer is just a waste of everyone's time and bandwidth.
Therefore, let us just forget the whole thing and enjoy a cold been instead.