On 9/9/11 3:07 PM, Nathan Gibbs wrote:

Not everyone on this list works in your kind of shop.
Our shop has a host whose main purpose in life is to torrent Debian ISO's.

All the other person is asking, is why can't we have the capability to
use torrents?

This solution could take load off the global mirror infrastructure?
I'm sure that many of us are already running local mirror configurations
to do this, but obviously it isn't enough.
The global infrastructure is still stressed.

It takes next to no time to seed the signed signatures on a torrent system in your own home. Set it up and post a link.

dp