On 12/6/12 8:25 AM, franckm wrote:

Thanks it works now but I am not getting the log line when a new file is
getting scanned. I only get the result (OK line)

Syslog uses a two-part record (facility.severity) to decide what to put into a log file. Assuming you are using the default LOCAL6 syslog facility you also need to set a severity level. Severity levels are inclusive of higher levels, so if your syslog.conf (or rsyslog.conf) entry is LOCAL6.warning you will not see lower lever log entries. Using LOCAL6.debug (equivalent to LOCAL6.*) in your syslog tool will show you everything ClamAV is capable of producing assuming you also have verbose logging enabled. Syslog-ng (rsyslog can as well) uses a very detailed rules scheme to produce the output and requires some study, but will also give you the full logging output.

dp