On 21 May 2014 at 11:55:46, Thomas Kristensen (thomas.kristen...@uswitch.com)
wrote:
> > Regardless of my handler throwing an exception or not, I would
> expect the same handler to be invoked on the next message coming
> in. That's what I find confusing. ack-unless-exception does
> nothing to actually handle thrown exceptions, and it probably
> shouldn't. But I assumed a thrown exception wouldn't de-register
> the handler(?)

RabbitMQ Java client dispatches deliveries to a thread pool and handles
all exceptions. They are passed to an exception handler, which is now possible
to override in 3.3 and Langohr needs to provide a way to do that with Clojure
functions.

No exception can possibly cancel the consumer. There are opinionated projects
that reject messages that caused an exception but it's not appropriate in
all cases and Langohr does not do that.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ