On 21 May 2014 at 16:58:38, Thomas Kristensen (thomas.kristen...@uswitch.com)
wrote:
> > you'll notice that the message gets rejected as we'd expect
> when the exception is NOT re-thrown, but the reject seems to be
> ignored in the case where we re-throw. You could argue that you
> should never have a handler throw exceptions to the langohr-lib,
> but seeing as this can happen, and since it handles exceptions
> just fine when :auto-ack is true (not demonstrated in the experiment,
> but tested and verified), it seems that a consistent behaviour
> on a reject should be to continue consuming.
>
> Is there something I'm missing?

What do you mean by "ignored"? Is the channel still open? Do you see
basic.reject
on the wire? (e.g. using Tracer: http://www.rabbitmq.com/java-tools.html)

Throwing exceptions in delivery handlers is fine, it should not exhaust
consumer thread pool or anything like that.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ