On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 6:09 AM, Rich Hickey <richhic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Clojure's fully-lazy now pretty much follows the "even" model
> described by Wadler:
>
> How to add laziness to a strict language without even being odd:
>
> http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/wadler/papers/lazyinstrict/lazyinstrict.ps

OK, I just read the article.  Section 4.3 is basically what I was
talking about, where he talks about how, without the $ notation, the
decrement in the call to countdown gets evaluated too soon.  The
postscript suggests that integrating something like the $ syntactic
sugar does not conflict, and gives the best of both worlds.  Maybe
something like that could be added to Clojure to work with lazy-seq...