On 18/04/2009, at 5:38 PM, Konrad Hinsen wrote:

> On 18.04.2009, at 01:13, Dan wrote:
>
>> do you prefer to have some clojure users united against subversion,
>> or divided by Rich not having chosen their preferred DVCS
>> (Mercurial users vs Git users, not sure whether clojure needs those
>> kinds of nonsense internal wars in the community ....)
>>
>> We seem to be unanimous in preferring git.
>
> Not at all. I am a convinced Mercurial user, for example, and I don't
> even have git installed on my machine (I do have svn). However, I
> didn't participate in this debate because I think it is pointless.
> VCS issues are as much a matter of personal preference as technical
> merit. It's Rich who does all of the commits, so it's for him to
> choose.

That's not the case for contrib.

If Rich is the only committer *and contributor* to core, then it's a
moot point what VCS is used for core.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

A Buddhist walks up to a hot-dog stand and says, "Make me one with
everything". He then pays the vendor and asks for change. The vendor
says, "Change comes from within".