2009/4/20 Stuart Sierra <the.stuart.sie...@gmail.com>

> On Apr 20, 1:48 pm, Rich Hickey <richhic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I imagine a (clojure-version) function returning:
> >
> > {:major 1 :minor 0 :release 0}
>
> I'd suggest calling :release something else, like :revision
> or :patch.  "release" sounds like a bigger number than major/minor.
> Other than that, makes sense to me.

I like the term "service" used in Eclipse terminology:
"the service segment indicates bug fixes"

(The numbering scheme for Eclipse uses major, minor, service and
qualifier : "the qualifier segment indicates a particular build").

(http://wiki.eclipse.org/Version_Numbering#Guidelines_on_versioning_plug-ins)

--
Laurent Petit