That was exactly what I was reading through the vimclojure.vim plugin
trying to find when I saw your post. It's a great thing to have when
trying to trouble shoot problems because you can isolate the server.

Anyway, I started over by wiping out my .vim and vimclojure-2.1.0
directories. Updated and rebuilt clojure and clojure-contrib. Re-
downloaded and rebuilt vimclojure paying very careful attention to get
all the details right. And when I ran the ng-server script, it still
blew up with an error from 'find'.

Finally discovered what I think is a bug in the ng-server script. The
find command has a '1' between the "-depth" and "-print0". Removing
this allowed me to start the ng server with the script, which helped.
But I get the following error when I do the ng command you posted:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: clojure/lang/APersistentMap (wrong
name: clojure/proxy/clojure/lang/APersistentMap)

CLASSPATH for the server is:

/home/jim/vimclojure-2.1.0/build/vimclojure.jar:src

CLOJURE_EXT for the server is:

/home/jim/clojure

/home/jim/clojure contains clojure.jar and clojure-contrib.jar.