there's a positive reason to say all that stuff as if to say, " and it's not
that I'm a slouch.  I have been able to succeed with other technology."
 I've personally had tons of trouble getting going with clojure, and I use
java all the time.  I think the ideas in clojure are awesome, and I like the
language, but if folks have never looked at Fan/Fantom ... as far as getting
into it, *that's* about the gentlist you can get into anything.  The website
was written in Fantom, it's a one stop shop for getting started ... not that
I like that language better or anything, but, seriously ... that's a fun
exercise.  It's very inviting and welcoming and I wish that a page could be
taken from that approach -- I think he wouldn't have had any of the same
opinions if it had.

And I realize I'm not being very concrete: I'd had plans to write up what I
thought some specific differences were.  Now I'm just left with an
impression ... an impression that Fantom wants you to LOVE that language . .
. .and an impression of clojure that you have to want to love clojure (so
then you have to make a lot of complicated arguments as to why that is so,
which, by the way, I think are beautifully presented in Clojure In Action).

And don't get me started on trying to get emacs or vi all hooked up on my
mac.  I've never succeeded.  Summary: I agree to some extent.  clojure is
awesome.  I wish I could use it at work, but it's an incredibly hard thing
to sell.